Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 13:17 - Aquinas asserts that an infinite series can not exist, that there must be a first cause. In math, there can be infinite series. Does this disprove Aquinas’ theory?
- 21:26 - How were moral truths created? Atheists say that our brains and nature evolve our nervous systems to create moral truths.
- 28:52 - Does Thomas Aquinas differ from the Catholic view on predestination?
- 42:45 - Why don’t debaters use Revelation 5:13 as evidence for Mary being able to hear multiple prayers?
- 47:50 - Mother Teresa encouraged people to pray, “Mary, Mother of Jesus, take away all sin from my life.” My Protestant mother wants to know, how can Catholics pray this when it is Jesus who takes away sin?
- 52:07 - I am a member of the Church of Christ, but I’m married to a Catholic. She has told me that the communion at the Church of Christ doesn’t mean anything, that the Eucharist in the Catholic Church is the real thing. How can I better understand this and how can we talk about this? How is my communion different from the Eucharist?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate