For more information, email [email protected].
We understand the need to work within a budget to meet your advertising needs. We also know you want to get the best value for your advertising dollar. This translates into the number of people who are going to read, see, or hear your advertising.
Consider the benefits of partnering with Catholic Answers:
- Our Catholic Answers Forums receive over 1.1 million visitors per month.
- Catholic.com receives 2 million page views per month.
- With that many visitors to the forums, we generate more than 3.7 million page views per month.
- Our top-rated, award-winning radio broadcast, Catholic Answers Live, is broadcast live two hours weekdays in more than 230 markets in the U.S. and Canada, and worldwide via Catholic.com.
- In 2013, Catholic Answers Livewas named the most-listened-to radio show by the Immaculate Heart Radio Network.
- Our award-winning Catholic Answers Magazine, nearly three decades in print, is holding steady in its subscription base at a time when the magazine industry as a whole is in decline and many Catholic print magazines have gone out of business.
All of these facts have one thing in common: Growth.
Let’s look at the comparative value of advertising with Catholic Answers:
- Your ad is four times more likely to be seen by someone visiting the forums at Catholic.com than on other comparable Catholic sites.
- Your cost per impression is one-fifth of what you will pay per impression on other comparable Catholic sites.
- Your cost for a 30-second radio spot is half what you would pay in other comparable Catholic radio markets.
- Your cost for a magazine ad is 40 to 80 percent less than an ad in comparable publications.
All of these figures show a common pattern: Monetary savings and maximization of value.
Our readers are engaged in the religious issues of our times and active in their defense of the Faith. Catholic Answers’ reputation as a reliable source of information means our readers trust us and depend on us to present them with only the best in information, journalistic integrity, and in the organizations whose advertisements we choose to display.
We ask our advertisers to present content that is fully in keeping with defined Catholic teaching, and we promise to do the same. Ours is a partnership with the goal of presenting only the very best the Catholic marketplace has to offer.
Online Advertising Options
We reach more than 1 million unique visitors per month, with more than 400,000 registered users on the Catholic Answers Forums alone. Our visitors view more than 5 million pages per month, providing you the opportunity for valuable, above-the-fold advertising space for your organization.
All of our online advertising is handled through our partners at CatholicAdNet, a CleanMedia company, whose mission is to connect advertisers with Catholic and family-friendly audiences. Contact them directly at [email protected] or (859) 429-7075 for assistance with your campaign needs.
Catholic Answers Magazine
Sizes and rates (current as of January 2017):
Inside front or back cover:
- No bleed: 7.292″ (w) x 9.5″ (h)
- Bleed: 8.375″ (w) x 10.875″ (h)
Outside back cover:
- No bleed: 7.292″ (w) x 8 ” (h)
- Bleed: 8.375″ (w) x 8.9″ (h)1, 2
Full page interior:
- No bleed: 7.292″ (w) x 9.5″ (h)
- Bleed: 8.375″ (w) x 10.875″ (h)1, 2
- 4.583″ (w) x 9.5″ (h)
Two-thirds-page page horizontal:
- 7″ (w) x 6.167″ (h)
- 3.396″ (w) x 9.5″ (h)
- 6.958″ (w) x 4.667″ (h)
1. Add an additional 1/4″ to all sides for bleed.
2. Position text away from edges to avoid text getting cut off.
Six weeks prior to the first of the month of issue. For example, the deadline for the November issue is September 15. Publication dates are as follows:
- 10 percent for two consecutive ads and 20 percent for three or more ads
- 30 percent for full-year reservations (six issues)
- 15 percent to recognized advertising agencies
- Cancelations must be in writing prior to the deadline for that issue. If an advertisement is canceled after that time, Catholic Answers Magazinereserves the right to run the most recent advertisement at full cost or charge 50 percent of the original fee for the reserved space.
- If we determine that the furnished material is unacceptable, we reserve the right to cancel the ad.
- Founded: January 1990 (as This Rock)
- Frequency: Six times a year
- Cost of subscription: $39.95
- Subscribers: 11,200 (Note: Each issue is read by an average 2.9 individuals)
- 55 percent of readers are between 30 and 59.
- 51 percent of readers have at least a bachelor’s degree. Ten percent have doctoral degrees.
- Readers are dispersed throughout the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom.
[Readership survey conducted in 2005 for subscribers of This Rock magazine]
About Catholic Answers Magazine
- The flagship publication of Catholic Answers, the largest and most trusted apologetics organization in North America.
- Completely in accord with the teachings of the Catholic Faith.
- Advertising representation is in-house.
- Ad specifications and billing structure tailored to individual needs.
- Christopher Check, Publisher
- Todd Aglialoro
- Jimmy Akin
- Tim Staples
- Tim Ryland, Editor
- Sherry Russell, Art Design
Catholic Answers Live
30-second spot: $75
60-second spot: $150
If the sponsor is a for-profit organization, the FCC severely limits what the spot can say. The standard format for a spot for a for-profit organization is: “Company X is a sponsor of Catholic Answers Live. Company X’s website is website dot com.” In this case, the monthly rate is:
10-second spot: $50
If you do not already have a radio spot produced, we can create one for a one-time fee of $300.
All radio spots must be within FCC rules and regulations regarding non-commercial broadcasting. Please keep in mind that stations that air our program are also, for the most part, non-commercial and are subject to fines if FCC rules and regulations are violated. Catholic Answers reserves the right to determine what sponsorship/advertising it will accept.
For more information email [email protected]