Apologist and author Trent Horn tackles tough questions, and offers philosophical insights into the argument about whether or not God exists.
Questions and Topics Covered:
- 01:11 - The first vatican council said it is possible to know God through reason alone. How can you balance this with the need of faith?
- 04:54 - I have a teenager who has shown me some YouTube videos that talk about the problem of evil. My teen is challenging me about faith, how should I respond?
- 18:04 - I think the burden of proof is on theists, not atheists.
- 29:47 - I started experimenting with chemicals and felt the same feeling that I felt when I was surrounded by my Church friends which at the time I thought was the Holy Spirit. So I became agnostic because I found a naturalistic way for the way I felt.
- 42:45 - How are arguments for God not God-in-the-gaps arguments?
- 50:22 - How do you explain Neanderthals and synthesize it with Genesis and Catholic doctrine?
- 52:35 - We’ve been talking about the existence of God and why you should be a theist. I believe in God, and there’s a lot of different good denominations that believe in God, but why should I be Catholic?
- Why We’re Catholic: Our Reasons For Faith, Hope, And Love by Trent Horn
- Answering Atheism: How to Make the Case for God with Logic and Charity by Trent Horn
- The Immortal in You: How Human Nature Is More Than Science Can Say by Michael Augros
- Five Proofs of the Existence of God by Edward Feser
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate