Questions and Topics Covered:
- 12:58 - I had anxiety and eating disorders growing up and my dad never gave up. He helped me multiple times and has always been there, even when I rejected him. This changed my life.
- 17:30 - What factors do you attribute to the decline of fatherhood in modern times?
- 31:24 - It used to be expected for a boy to be a man. The media seems to be making it more unusual for boys to have these virtues and this makes it harder for a dad to instill these values. Everything seems to be about feeling good, rather than accomplishments. I was wondering what your thoughts are on these observations.
- 35:34 - Our young-adult sons often turn a deaf ear to their mother when she makes suggestions to them. I would like to know how best to deal with this type of a dynamic, as both a husband and a father.
- 41:45 - How can I support my husband to be a better father? He’s not as actively Catholic as me, and we often struggle over this and I feel that at times I disempower him because I think I am right.
- 47:20 - What suggestions do you have for a single mother without a father in the picture?
- 51:15 - I would like to ask for some suggestions on how I can be a better uncle.
- The Be-DAD-itudes: 8 Ways to Be An Awesome Dad by Greg Popcak
- Beyond the Birds and the Bees: The Secrets of Raising Sexually Whole (and Holy!) Kids by Greg and Lisa Popcak
- When Divorce Is Not An Option: How to Heal Your Marriage & Nurture Lasting Love by Greg Popcak
- Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers by Gordon Nuefeld and Gabor Mate M.D.
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate