Jehovah's Witnesses visited my home last week and the conversation revolved around the Catholic doctrine of hell. As a cradle Catholic, I thought I was prepared for their arguments, but I wasn't. They stumped me when the topic was hell. Where is hell mentioned in the Bible?
Jesus talked about hell more often than he talked about heaven. Here are some verses.
- The children of the kingdom will be driven out into the darkness where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth (Mt 8:12).
- Depart from me, you accursed, into that eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41).
- These will pay the penalty of eternal ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power (2 Thes 1:9).
- God did not spare the angels who fell into sin; he thrust them down to hell, chained them there in the abyss, to await their sentence in torment (2 Pt 2:4).
- The smoke of the fire that torments them will rise forever and ever, and there will be no relief day or night for those who worship the beast or its image or accept the mark of its name (Rv 14:11).
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate