Tremithus, titular see, suffragan of Salamis in Cyprus. The city is mentioned by Ptolemy (Geog., V, xiii, 6), Hierocles (ed. Burckhardt, 708, 7), George of Cyprus (ed. Gelzer, 1109), and other geographers. Among its bishops were: St. Spyridon, a shepherd and married, present at the Council of Nicea in 325, and whose cult is popular in the East (Anal. bolland., XXVI, 239); St. Arcadius and St. Nestor, venerated February 14 or March 7; Theopompus, at the Second Ecumenical Council in 381; Theodore, at the Sixth Ecumenical Council in 681, and who wrote a biography of St. John Chrysostom (P.G., XLVII; 51-88); George, at the Second Council of Nicea in 787; Spyridon in 1081, when the see was temporarily restored. The usurper Isaac Comnenus was defeated here in 1191 by Richard Coeur de Lion who afterwards took possession of Cyprus. The city was then destroyed and survives only in the Greek village of Trimethusia in the district of Chrysocho.