Founded November 21, 1855, at Warsaw, Poland, by Mother Mary Angela, under the direction of Father Honorat, O. M. Cap.
Felician Sisters, O. S. F., founded November 21, 1855, at Warsaw, Poland, by Mother Mary Angela, under the direction of Father Honorat, O. M. Cap. On their suppression, in 1864, by the Russian Government they transferred the mother-house to Cracow, Austria. In the province of Cracow there are forty-four houses of this congregation, and in the United States, where the first foundation was made in 1874, there are two provinces, 820 choir and lay sisters, 100 novices, 168 postulants; in charge of 87 schools with 36,700 pupils, 5 orphanages with 416 inmates, 2 homes for the aged, an emigrant home, working girls’ home, and a day nursery.
MOTHER MARY JEROME