Daughters of Jesus
Religious order founded for the care of the sick and poor, and for the education of girls
Click to enlarge
Jesus, DAUGHTERS OF, founded at Kermaria, in the Diocese of Vannes, France, in 1834, for the care of the sick poor and the education of girls. The congregation received government authorization October 31, 1842. In 1893 a provincial house for Canada was founded at Three Rivers. The sisters in Canada number (1910) 267, choir and lay, in charge of 25 schools, chiefly model and elementary, in addition to 9 boarding schools, a hospital, and an orphanage; they also have the domestic care of 2 religious houses. In the United States they conduct an academy and hospital at Lewiston, Montana, and the school connected with the French parish at Waltham, Massachusetts. The congregation has over 200 convents throughout the world.
F. M. RUDGE
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission!Donatewww.catholic.com/support-us