Scripture can be difficult to interpret and understand, so Jimmy Akin is here to help. Callers are welcome with any question on Sacred Scripture.
- 02:30 - Where does the Church stand on the documentary hypothesis?
- 11:09 - If natural law is accepted by the Church, is it a part of Scripture or tradition?
- 18:51 - What is theosis?
- 29:57 - How was the book of Esther divided into a, b, and c sections in my Bible? I use the NAB.
- 39:50 - In the Bible, Jesus gave us both his Body and Blood at the Last Supper. Why is it acceptable to only receive the Body?
- 45:40 - Why are there statements in the Bible that seem to contradict each other or seem incorrect? How is the Bible inerrant with this being the case?
- 52:43 - The flaw that I find with documentary theory is what the Jews were doing up until about 700 AD. They were desperately trying to document their oral traditions. There is a section of the Talmud that discusses Jesus’ trial. Different writers contribute to this section of the Talmud, trying to justify some of the things that happened. Do you agree with my assessment?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate