You’re not Catholic unless you believe in the papacy. Joe Heschmeyer helps us to understand why.
- 05:08 - In Acts, it sounds like Paul is in charge and not Peter. Can you explain this?
- 09:48 - I have heard that Peter’s denial of Christ was not really a denial, but a denial of who he is becoming in Christ. What do you think of this?
- 14:40 - How can I respond to people who claim that Pope Francis is saying a bunch of crazy things, for example, that we don’t have to go to Church anymore?
- 18:21 - I am confused by Pope Francis because he says many things that make it seem like he is socialist or liberal. I want to have no doubt or confusion about him. Can you help me to better understand him?
- 23:51 - What do you mean by the anti-popes?
- 29:12 – I am not Catholic. How do you square Jesus saying, “Believe and be baptized,” and Peter saying, “Repent and be baptized”?
- 35:40 - Isn’t the job of the pope to be pastoral?
- 40:55 - How did St. Peter end up in Rome?
- 43:40 - Is the line of Peter broken because there were 3 popes at one time in history?
- 45:14 - What have you found to be the strongest argument against the papacy, and how do you counter it?
- 48:13 - In the New Testament, there is no reference to Peter as Pope or popes in general. There is nothing that says, “consult the pope”. Why is this?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate