You’re not Catholic unless you believe in the papacy. Joe Heschmeyer helps us to understand why.
- 20:46 - I don’t believe that Peter ever was a pope. He did not have time for that. He was a martyr.
- 29:20 - I heard that the current Pope is not actually the pope because Pope Emeritus Benedict only resigned from being the Bishop of Rome and not from the papacy. Is this true?
- 32:38 - In the Scriptural passage when Jesus says to Peter, “Upon this rock, I will build my Church,” my Protestant family claims that Jesus is saying that He Himself is the rock. How can I address this?
- 43:11 - When did they start calling the Pope “Pope” and was Peter called this? What does Pope mean?
- 44:30 - How did Peter know that he was going to be a pope and leader? Did he know or was he just trying to figure it out?
- 48:43 - I don’t think the job of the pope is to make changes in the world, it’s just to keep doctrine the same. What do you think?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate