The author of Pope Peter: Defending the Church’s Most Distinctive Doctrine in a Time of Crisis explains why unity with the pope is the key mark of the Catholic Faith. He also explains how papal infallibility is a gift to the ordinary Christian, and how misunderstanding papal infallibility can lead to confusion and disappointment.
- 09:03 - How do we know that there was one bishop in Rome right after Peter?
- 18:47 - If papal infallibility is real, how can we reconcile things that Pope Francis says that seem to contradict the tradition of the Church?
- 29:45 - How do I overcome my addiction?
- 33:15 - How do you explain the removal of the title “Patriarch of the West”?
- 36:28 - How has the process for choosing the pope changed over the years and has the process locked down?
- 44:53 - How sure are we that Peter was in Rome? Was Babylon Rome?
- 49:45 - How long was Peter the first pope before the next pope?
- 50:42 - Why did Peter in his travels ultimately end in Rome and why did his successors maintain the authority over the other bishops?