Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:01 - Is it within the bounds of Catholic orthodoxy to believe that God is somewhat in time rather than simply timeless?
- 07:27 - If God didn’t make evil and the devil can’t make anything, then where did evil come from?
- 11:32 - What is the “rite of introduction”? He was told in RCIA to be at Church for the rite of introduction. He doesn’t know more than that.
- 15:21 - Why do we say the Nicene Creed at Mass, but the Apostle’s Creed while reciting the rosary?
- 16:52 - How do we know when Jesus is being literal or hyperbolic? He refers to himself as the bread of life and the door for sheep.
- 23:02 - How could Jesus descend into hell and be separated from the Trinity when the Trinity is one?
- 29:44 - If a person does a sincere, good confession and penance before dying, will they still be judged for their sins after death?
- 33:22 - What is the best translation of City of God to read?
- 36:30 - Was Mary with the apostles in the upper room when the Holy Spirit came upon? Did she need the Holy Spirit since she was full of grace?
- 42:23 - Why have the Marian dogmas been declared dogmas?
- 47:37 - What should we be thinking when we pray or sing to God?
- 49:28 - Before the fall, was the garden of Eden and the state of Adam and Eve the same as it will be in heaven?
- 50:58 - How can John know the things that he wrote in John 3:22-30?
- “The Jewish Trinity” by Michael Heiser
- USCCB Reproductive Technologies info: https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/natural-family-planning/resources/upload/Reproductive-Technology-Evaluation-Treatment-of-Infertility-Guidelines-for-Catholic-Couples.pdf
- Lumen Gentium
Want more from Jimmy Akin?