Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:25 - Are the three men mentioned in Genesis 18 a foreshadowing of the Trinity?
- 06:00 - What is the Church’s teaching on predestination? Am I free to disagree with it?
- 12:10 - In your 20 Answers: Protestantism book, you do not mention Episcopalians. Why is that?
- 14:56 - Why does the Catholic Church say that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute? Why does it matter if she was one?
- 22:47 - Why do Catholics treat the deuterocanonical books as Scripture, while Protestants and Jews do not?
- 29:30 - Can a bishop prohibit the lay faithful from receiving Communion on the tongue?
- 32:28 - Where in the Bible is the teaching that the original sin meant the loss of sanctifying grace?
- 41:04 - If someone goes to confession, do they have to make the resolution to avoid the near occasion of venial sins?
- 43:45 - Why don’t we baptize babies in the womb?
- 48:43 - Is religion a pseudoscience? Is religion compatible with science?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate