Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:11 - Why was it sinful for David to number the people of Israel?
- 04:47 - Who canonized St. Peter?
- 08:05 - What does it mean for God to be outside time?
- 14:16 - I work in home health and one of my patients has depression. Is it a sin for a Catholic to encourage a Hindu to pray to the being he believes is God?
- 19:25 - In Ezekiel, it says that God purified the Israelites hearts with rain coming down. Why doesn’t God do that today?
- 21:07 - Has there ever been a pope from the Eastern rites of the Church?
- 24:58 - How can best explain baptism of desire to sedevacantists?
- 35:54 - If a Catholic explorer was on a journey and required the help of indigneous people in a remote place, but they required a ceremonial washing and amulet gift to him in order for them to help the explorer, could the Catholic accept the washing and amulet?
- 42:07 - I am infertile. Why would God make me this way? Can I still marry?
- 47:31 - In the genealogy of Adam, where did the women come from to marry Cain and Abel?
- 51:07 - Is it true that the saints are constantly interceding for us?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?