Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:33 - How can I explain to a non-Catholic why Catholics ask for Mary’s intercession?
- 08:30 - What would happen if the Pope got dementia?
- 14:31 - Will the Church begin giving general absolution because of the coronavirus?
- 19:52 - What is the Q source and how do Matthew, Mark, and Luke borrow from it?
- 23:45 - Is it true that we only must receive the Eucharist once a year?
- 31:42 - My son is atheist, but he said he would read a book if I sent it to him. What should I give him?
- 36:16 - I am supposed to get married in April but the courts have shut down and we can’t go get a license. We bought a house to move into assuming we would be married next month and can’t afford an apartment and the house we’ve bought. What can we do?
- 47:47 - How do we find historical records of the early Church?
- 52:45 - Is it wrong to reenact the Seder meal?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
- Teaching with Authority
- A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
- The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church