Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 06:35 - The translation 1 Tim. 3:15 seems to change based on the version of Scripture you use. Which is correct?
- 14:15 - How long did Joseph and Mary live in Egypt before Herod died?
- 19:50 - How can I answer my Protestant friend who says that God predestined us to heaven or hell because he is all-knowing, even before He creates us?
- 24:11 - I am in RCIA but the coronavirus is messing up the schedule for me to become Catholic. Is there any way for me to become Catholic in an emergency rite?
- 29:33 - What is the best way to dive into the catechism for the first time?
- 33:33 - Can you tell me more about the blessing of religious items? What is the purpose of this?
- 38:34 - I don’t understand where we find penance in Scripture. In the Bible, Jesus forgives but does not ask for anything. Why do priests give penance?
- 48:42 - Should the Bible be taken literally?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
- Teaching with Authority
- A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
- The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church