Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 05:30 - Why is the way we fast different than the way described in the Didache?
- 08:48 - When are we supposed to start fasting/abstaining on Fridays in Lent?
- 15:55 - If God claims to forgive our sins in confession, then why do we have to go to purgatory?
- 20:41 - Why do Catholics use images for worship?
- 28:38 - In the chaplet of Divine Mercy, why do we say, “I offer you the Body, etc.”? How can we offer God to Himself?
- 31:25 - Why were the Magi at Jesus’ birth?
- 34:35 - Why isn’t there more cross-cultural study involved in theology today?
- 42:25 - My mother has dementia and is suffering. Can I offer up her suffering for her since she is not in her right mind?
- 46:43 - What does Hebrews 6:4-6 mean?
- 50:38 - What is resting in the Lord or being slain in the Spirit? Is this approved by the Catholic Church?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate