Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:20 - How was the earth created in seven days if people existed millions of years after dinosaurs?
- 10:42 - What is a Catholic’s obligation to prevent other people from sinning?
- 16:37 - Does Basil’s statement referring to written and unwritten traditions refer to customs and practices of secondary importance and not doctrine?
- 21:05 - Is it true that matrimony was not a sacrament until the Council of Trent?
- 29:04 - Are we required to believe that the Eastern rites of the Catholic Church are just as valid and good as the Western rites? It doesn’t seem like the East encompasses all that the Church offers.
- 35:05 - Is the Council of Trent’s teaching on Adam and original sin gives credence to creationism?
- 46:47 - Is there any traditional method for overcoming gluttony and growing in temperance?
- 52:02 - Christ teaches us in Scripture to first try to mend a problem with our brother and then to take it to the Church. What would that look like today if we followed that instruction?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate