- 02:28 - What was the thorn in Paul’s side?
- 06:48 - When I cited John 20: 21-23 as clear evidence for sacramental confession, a protestant made a claim that the power granted by Christ in those passages died with the apostles.
- 13:10 - At Pentecost, tongues of fire rested on those present, and they spoke in foreign languages (foreign tongues). Is this a play on words? In other languages, especially in Greek, is the word for an anatomical tongue, the same as the word for a slice of fire? Even without a play on words, the coming (from unknown source) of fire often signified the presence of God, so the point of the phenomenon doesn’t rely on the (at least in English) play on words. Does it?
- 16:07 - My husband died in June of brain cancer 5 months after diagnosis. So many good people keep telling me that “he’s in a better place.” Why do they say that when it should be obvious that he should be with me? I understand that we can’t know for certain where a soul goes after death. How do I respond to this? It makes me angry at how easily people toss that cliché out to a woman who is grieving the death of her husband.
- 22:04 - Does the Church have a preferred stance on Darwinism vs Lamarckism?
- 33:36 - The Bible IS a Catholic book. Right. Besides dropping the Deuterocanonical Books, have Protestants in the English-speaking world “mistranslated” words? Like the word Tradition which, in Spanish versions is translated as tradition when is in a negative sense (tradition of men) and teaching when it’s favorable. Is there any in English?
- 40:25 - Jimmy Buffett’s song Coastal Confessions has a line “Bless me father for I have sinned, given the chance I’ll probably do it again.” Would this make the confession null since it seems Jimmy hasn’t fully repented or is it just honestly/humility?
- 46:00 - Where did your Mexican serape blanket that you drape over your chair come from?
- 50:44 - What do you think about the Gospel of the Hebrews? Later patchwork of reworked quotes from the Synoptics? Something contemporary with the Synoptics? A Hebrew version of Matthew? Could it ever be rediscovered?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission!Donatewww.catholic.com/support-us