Just back from a trip to Martin Luther sites in Germany, Steve Ray discusses the man, his ideas, and his effect on the Church.
- In regards to the Reformation, Romans 8 sounds like predestination, so can you please give some clarification on that?
- What does it mean for our Church to be “apostolic”? How do I explain how the Church is apostolic to my non-Catholic friends?
- In recent times the pope and other priests have honored Luther, so how do we respond to non-Catholics who say that all religions are equal since Luther was good?
- Why didn’t the Church authorities stop Luther?
- Wasn’t the Church corrupt at the time of the reformation which is why Luther was able to do what he did?
- What is the definition of a heretic? How are Protestants not heretics if they believe what Luther did?
- Did the Catholic theologians of the time argue for apostolic succession in order to show Luther he was wrong?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission!Donatewww.catholic.com/support-us