Euaria, a titular see of Phoenicia Secunda or Libanensis, in Palestine. The true name of this city seems to have been Hawarin; as such it appears in a Syriac inscription of the fourth to the sixth century of the Christian Era. According to Ptolemy (V, xiv) it was situated in the Palmyrene province. Georgius Cyprius calls it Euarios or Justinianopolis. The “Notitiae episcopatuum” of the Patriarchate of Antioch (sixth century) gives it as a suffragan see of Damascus. [See Echos d’Orient, X (1907), 145.] One of its bishops, Thomas, is known in 451; there is some uncertainty about another, John, who lived a little later (Lequien, Oriens christ., II, 847). It is today El Hawarin, a large Mohammedan village, a three-hour journey north of Karyatein and on the road from Damascus to Palmyra; there are still visible the ruins of a Roman castellum and of a basilica. Euaria (Hawarin) is to be distinguished from Hauara or Havara, another titular see in Palaestina Tertia, south of Petra.