Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:50 - In Exodus 3:2, the angel of the Lord appears to Moses in the burning bush, but that when he saw the bush, he saw God. Did he see an angel or God?
- 11:43 - What are my family and I to do when our bishop will not allow us to come worship unless we wear masks?
- 14:50 - How should I respond to my Protestant family who reject the Bible verses in Revelation about praying to the saints?
- 21:20 - What does it mean in Leviticus 4 when it says, “sinning through ignorance”?
- 28:23 - What does “full of grace” mean? It is applied in Scripture to Jesus and Mary.
- 34:45 - Are Protestants a part of the Catholic faith? Are they recognized by Catholics as part of the same faith? I am Protestant.
- 42:42 - What does the phrase, “the gates of hell will not prevail against it” mean? Does it mean that the Church is protected by the sacraments?
- 47:15 - Are IUIs moral and approved by the Catholic Church?
- 51:16 - Why is the Kyrie Eleison the only part of the Catholic liturgy that was carried over from Greek, while most everything else is from Latin?
- “The Jewish Trinity” by Michael Heiser
- USCCB Reproductive Technologies info: https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/marriage-and-family/natural-family-planning/resources/upload/Reproductive-Technology-Evaluation-Treatment-of-Infertility-Guidelines-for-Catholic-Couples.pdf
- Lumen Gentium
Want more from Jimmy Akin?