Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:20 - How should I go about studying the Bible?
- 06:36 - What is the status of independent Catholic Churches that aren’t under their local diocese in their county?
- 14:00 - Are there any Catholic resources for help with schizophrenia or psychosis?
- 17:07 - My parish priest comes to our book club and dominates the conversation. We don’t mind him coming, if he comes as a guest and respects the rules of the club. How can we ask him to stop doing this?
- 24:26 - Why do people claim that the Latin Mass is the only valid rite of the Mass?
- 36:18 - A coworker told me that Jesus is referenced as the Son of God many times in the gospels, but only referred to as divine once or twice, so refuting the Trinitarian God. How can I defend the Trinity?
- 43:56 - How can we know that we are interpreting Scripture appropriately?
- 48:30 - What is the Church’s teaching on the illumination of conscience?
- 51:13 - Living in a Christian community, so many people around me believe in the Rapture. Is this really going to happen?
- 52:34 - Can Catholics try to pray someone out of purgatory?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?