Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:44 - Why is Satan referred to as a him, since angels don’t have gender?
- 05:45 - Why does the Catholic Church believe that saved people who die can ascend into heaven since the gospel of John says only God can ascend into heaven?
- 10:50 - How does the Church rectify passing around saint relics when they require that we respectfully inter our loved ones? Isn’t keeping someone’s ashes the same as having a relic?
- 16:29 - You said that our Lady of Akita told a nun that, “I am the only one who can save you from this calamity.” How can she say that when Jesus saves us?
- 21:01 - What is the practical explanation of the Church on the gift of tongues? Why isn’t this gift used more?
- 28:46 - Since JPII, the Catholic charismatic movement has not been encouraged very much. Why is that?
- 35:05 - My great-grandmother was buried with a host. Was this the wrong thing for my family to do?
- 41:18 - In the Old Testament, what are the differences between the priesthoods?
- 49:12 - How is drunkenness a sin, when Proverbs says to give those in misery and poverty wine to drink?
- 52:35 - I am doing 33 Days to Morning Glory. He mentions degrees of glory in heaven. Is this true, what does that mean? Can we read more about it?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?