Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:04 - How does concupiscence compare with the Protestant idea of a “fallen nature” or a “sin nature”?
- 12:03 - Why are there so many people who believe in science fiction rather than believing in God?
- 17:13 - In Matthew 12:32, why does Jesus say that speaking against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven?
- 20:05 - Why do Catholics always talk about “God’s will”? Does God give us freedom to choose, or are we struggling to figure out His plan?
- 23:53 - Is it grave sin to watch a sexual scene in a movie and become aroused?
- 29:05 - Did King David go to heaven?
- 33:30 - Since quantum mechanics governs the universe and has no beginning or end, how could that possibly rationalize the Big Bang theory?
- 45:55 - I don’t think Matthew 16:18 is evidence for the authority of the Magisterium. What say you?
- 51:30 - What is the Filioque and why does it matter?
Enjoying this content? Please support our mission! Donate