1) During Lent we fast and pray. In the Gospels, Jesus teaches that fasting:
a) is something that we should do every Lent.
b) is something that we should undertake before confessing our sins.
c) is something that is sometimes needed to drive out demons. (Mark 9:29)
2) During Lent we give alms to the poor. The catechism of the Catholic Church says that giving alms to the poor is a work of:
c) Both justice and charity ccc 2447
3) The Church teaches that personal sin:
a. Is always deadly to the soul.
b. Is not as bad as mortal sin.
c. Is only sometimes deadly to the soul.
4) In the first chapter of Mark’s Gospel Jesus told people to _____________ and believe in the gospel?
a) Have faith
c) Be baptized
5) According to Church teaching:
a) Matthew’s Gospel was written first
b) We can disagree about which gospel was written first.
c) Mark’s Gospel was written first.
6) In Matthew, Mark and Luke Jesus says “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.” In each gospel, the next thing reported is:
a) The transfiguration of Jesus
b) Jesus telling the crowd that they must eat his body and drink his blood.
c) Jesus ascending into heaven.
1) Formal cooperation with grave evil:
a) Is not as bad as material cooperation.
b) Is worse than material cooperation.
c) Does not require that the person intends to cooperate in evil.
2) The Catholic Church accepts:
a) Some of the inspired Hebrew Scriptures
b) All of the Inspired Hebrew Scriptures
c) Those parts of the Inspired Hebrew Scriptures that do not conflict with the gospel.
3) Jesus said that he is:
a) “the image of the invisible God.” (St. Paul)
b) meek (I am meek and humble of heart.)
c) A lamp hidden under a bushel basket.
4) Divine simplicity means:
a) God relates to us in a way that we can understand.
b) God has no parts.
c) Any reasonable person can come to know God exists.
5) Divine immutability means
a) God cannot be seen by physical eyes.
b) God does not have emotions.
c) God does not Change.
6) Which of these did Jesus say:
a) If I speak with the tongues of angels but do not have love I am a clanging gong
b) Give to everyone who begs from you. (Luke 6:30)
c) My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord.
True or False- FINAL JUDGEMENT
1 TRUE Jesus taught a hierarchical and sacramental religion.
2 FALSE The Church teaches that every means must be used to prolong and preserve the lives of the terminally ill.
3 FALSE A Catholic priest can share what he hears in confession if it will prevent a crime.
4 FALSE A Sacramental marriage is eternal.
5 TRUE The Father is God, The Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God but the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit.
6 TRUE The Jews believed that we should love God and love our neighbor long before Jesus was born.
7 FALSE Green is the liturgical color of the Lenten season.