The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:50 - I understand that an annulment is a declaration that a marriage was never valid in the first place. That seems similar to a Protestant understanding of justification that says if one sins then he was never a real Christian. Is the Catholic understanding of annulment an argument against the Catholic understanding of justification?
- 16:33 - Why do bishops not excommunicate Catholic politicians who support abortion?
- 29:38 - Is lying always a mortal sin?
- 33:50 - How do we explain to non-Christians why God lets bad things happen?
- 41:45 - Are there going to be changes to the Our Father?
- 49:54 - I have an adult child who is looking into Buddhism and says it is compatible with Catholicism. What can I tell him?