The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 01:43 - Can we assume that Adam and Eve lived around the time that we have evidence of the first homosapiens?
- 05:00 - Why does Cy use the phrase "fair enough"? I hear it often. Can Jimmy explain where this term comes from?
- 13:57 - If cafeteria Catholics go to confession, but they don’t confess that they don’t believe in the all of the Church teachings, are they really absolved of their sins?
- 17:45 - What is the Order of Malta?
- 19:05 - Do you have a recommendation for a Scripture study that would guide us through the early Church Fathers as well? Or a resource that would help us to connect the two?
- 22:27 - If a divorced woman and a never married Catholic man get married, would they need to get an annulment?
- 28:38 - Why are people now allowed to take Communion in the hand?
- 33:00 - My family and I agree that abortion is wrong, but they think Planned Parenthood is good. How can I convince my family members that Planned Parenthood is wrong?
- 36:40 - Is it ethical to give my child vaccines that use aborted fetal cells?
- 42:35 - Was St. Cyril of Alexandria a miaphysite?
- 48:10 - Why is it that the Catholic Church’s hierarchy made up of the Pope and bishops and priests rather than the laypeople?
- 51:58 - Mary had a choice in the Annunciation but was conceived without sin. Doesn’t this mean that there was some sort of predetermination here? Doesn’t that mean her free will was not free?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?