Our guests grapple with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 03:28 - How do you initiate an apologetics conversation at work, especially when people are always looking at their smartphones?
- 08:20 - What is the state of our soul before we are born?
- 14:24 - When have saints been “grandfathered” into the Catholic Church from other denominations?
- 17:15 - Col. 4:6- Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. I have been arguing with my Protestant coworker about this verse. Who is this passage referring to? What does this mean?
- 22:13 - How can I respond to someone who says I am selfish for praying and worshiping? They say that my faith only benefits me.
- 24:31 - After seeing some 1950's images of Bishop Sheen vested as a Malachite Greek bishop, I wondered- did he have to have permission to have been dressed in this way to celebrate the Mass?
- 30:14 - Are all of the Marian apparitions different people? If they are all Mary, why do we give her different titles and names?
- 38:19 - How do we account for the similarities that we see between Jesus and pagan myths?
- 47:54 - I am reading Teaching with Authority and I am wondering how Jimmy would interpret the document from 1988 Conjugation of Faith meeting. Can he offer some guidance here?
- 50:50 - What was the Church’s position during the Inquisition and how can we understand it now?