The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 08:03 - Can you explain the idea of vicarious merit?
- 16:57 - What are the Church’s teachings on psychoanalysis, or “subconscious reading?”
- 30:45 - In light of “You shall have no other gods before me,” are there other created gods?
- 36:19 - If you don’t know how many mortal sins you’ve committed, is it all right to say that to the priest? And is the confession still valid?
- 42:30 - I’m Baptist, and my wife is Catholic. When our kids reach the age of receiving communion, how can I talk to them about how they will be receiving communion but I won’t?
- 49:15 - Why are the Greek words “epiousious artos” in the Lord’s Prayer translated into English as “daily bread” instead of “supersubstatial bread” as Jerome did?
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist