The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
Book Tim to speak at your parish or next event.
- 03:26 - What rate of interest does the Catholic Church now consider usurious?
- 16:05 - Why does the Catechism split the last Commandment about coveting into two parts?
- 24:33 - If I pray to St. Boniface, because he’s been through a similar encounter as I have, will he specially petition the Holy Spirit for me to deal with the people around me making my life hard?
- 28:43 - I heard a Protestant preacher claiming that the Catholic Church is the subject of the prophecy of Daniel. What are your thoughts on this?
- 34:09 - Was Origen not canonized because of his views on universalism? And if so, why were subsequent people (like St. Gregory of Nyssa) canonized when they held similar views?
- 42:31 - Why do we extend our hands over individuals to pray for them at certain events like weddings?
- 46:43 - Is it okay that I still obey the Levitical food laws?
- 50:22 - When talking with a non-Catholic, when is a good time to bring up the teaching of the Eucharist? It’s a very hard teaching, so is it better for the beginning or later on?