Why Are You Not Religious?
Apologist and author Trent Horn generates moving and surprising conversations when he asks non-religious listeners to call and share why religion is not their thing.
Book Trent to speak at your parish or next event.
Questions and Topics Covered:
- 04:26 - I was forced into religion during my childhood. It’s never been my thing. I always question everything. Religion doesn’t give me the answers as to how I see my reality.
- 13:36 - Religion teaches people to be ashamed of themselves. It paints the bullseye around the arrow.
- 20:45 - I fell away from religion after four uncles in a row died. Then I got cancer.
- 29:02 - I am agnostic. I don’t believe man-made doctrines put together from the Catholic Church. People get all tied up in knots and never feel they are good enough.
- 41:23 - I only believe things you were taught growing up. I was raised Christian. I questioned it and found I did not believe.
- 50:03 - I am not religious because of Psalm 137 and because of the Old Testament where Moses takes virgins as spoils of war.