A Devotional Journey into the Mass
Christopher Carstens directs the Office for Sacred Worship in the Diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin and is the editor of the Adoremus Bulletin. He discusses his new book, A Devotional Journey into the Mass: How Mass Can Become a Time of Grace, Nourishment, and Devotion.
- 18:42 - If you are a good person, why should you have to go to Mass? I have a brother who is a great person and he wants to know.
- 22:52 - Why do we not sing the Gloria during Lent, since it has penitential parts to it?
- 29:11 - Is Christ with us “more” during Mass than he is with us normally everyday?
- 32:36 - Participation in the Mass in North East America is very low. People are very quiet. Why is this and what should be done about it?
- 41:47 - Can you relate knowledge of salvation history, particularly of the Old Testament, to the Mass?
- 48:00 - Pouring the water in the wine is an invitation to us to participate in the Mass, what do you think of that?
- 51:45 - At what point in the Mass do you offer up your sufferings and prayers for a person you are praying for?