Jimmy Akin answers any question regarding Catholicism. This hour concludes the on air portion of our quarterly pledge drive. Become part of the team by donating to Catholic Answers Live at www.catholicanswersradio.com or by calling 888-291-8000. Thank you for all of your help and support. May God bless you.
- 06:41 - I was told that the Catholic Church removed the books of 1 and 3 Esdras and 3 and 4 Maccabees from the bible after the great schism. Why did we drop those books? Are those books still considered canonical in Orthodoxy or in the Eastern Catholic churches?
- 18:01 - The Catechism paragraph 359 says “The last Adam is indeed the first; as he himself says: ‘I am the first and the last.’” Can you explain this? It seems to be saying that Adam was also Christ.
- 29:59 - Who wrote the Psalms? Specifically Psalm 22?
- 38:08 - How do you know which church fathers were correct?
- 47:33 - Why would Jesus descend into hell like we say in the Creed?