Answering the Protestant Challenge
Apologist and speaker Karlo Broussard takes up the intellectual challenges posed by Protestant thought, and takes questions from both Protestant and Catholic callers.
Book Karlo to speak at your parish or next event.
- 12:44 - Why does it say in the Bible that we should lay hands and heal people, and why don’t we do that in the Catholic Church?
- 16:44 - Can you explain baby baptism versus adult baptism?
- 23:46 - Why is it that priests and nuns are celibate when the bible says they should have spouses?
- 31:40 - Why are we allowed to have statues? Some protestants say we shouldn’t and honestly, sometimes statues even distract me.
- 35:15 - Where in the old testament does it predict “eat my flesh and drink my blood”?
- 42:56 - I was discussing with some of my protestant friends about the perpetual virginity of Mary and Luke 1:34 wasn’t clear. Also, What does speaking in tongues really mean?
- 49:40 - James 2:14-21 says not by faith alone, but protestants believe that, and yet we don’t see protestant recluses but we do see monks and nuns who are recluses. What’s up with that?