The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 06:18 - I saw people kneeling when they received communion and I thought it was so beautiful, and when I went to my home parish they told me that was frowned upon. What should I do?
- 15:59 - Is it possible that there will be a unification between Catholics and Protestants?
- 22:37 - If laws in UK, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark were to change to allow for a Catholic monarch, would there conversions be handled by an individual bishop or several bishops to handle any needs they might have? Additionally, with Prince Charles, how would his previous marriage be handled?
- 29:43 - I know the teaching of the Church is that Mary was conceived sinless and that means it was preordained, predestined, but then it is also said that Mary had a choice and she said yes when the angel told her she would conceive. So I’m confused about if she was predestined to be chosen or if it was her free will?
- 33:00 - What will Jesus do when he comes back to earth, and what will happen to us? What would happen to me if I wasn’t baptized?
- 36:55 - Is there a difference between an atheist and an agnostic atheist?
- 42:40 - What role does a sense of humor play in our Catholic faith, and are there instances of humor in the bible?
- 52:37 - What’s the difference between spirit and soul? Does the Church have a teaching on this?