We focus on pastoral concerns but welcome any questions callers would like to ask a Catholic priest as we are joined by the Catholic Answers chaplain, Norbertine Fr. Hugh Barbour.
- 04:06 - My friend’s daughter was civilly married and is now divorced. She now wants to marry a Catholic man. Is she able to get married without an annulment? She wants to become Catholic and get married in the Church.
- 07:08 - Has the Church grown in its understanding of human origins and the origin of evil?
- 13:38 - What is the significance of the striking of the breast during certain prayers?
- 17:22 - What does Aquinas say about why evil exists? If evil exists, wouldn’t that limit God's power?
- 23:37 - How does Jesus’ instruction to love relate to his instruction to be as shrewd as snakes and simple as doves?
- 32:34 - What is the meaning of "like the dewfall" in the Eucharistic Prayer II?
- 35:16 - Did Luther have anything to do with the Reformation of the Catholic Church? And how does one become Catholic?
- 37:30 - Why does the Church require a divorce to be filed before it starts the annulment process?
- 43:15 - What can we do to keep evil spirits away?
- 45:40 - Why is it acceptable to eat fish on days of abstaining from meat during Lent?
- 48:22 - In the prayer for humility, we ask that others do better than we provided we do as best as we can. So is it wrong to want to win or be the best at something?
- 51:29 - It’s provable that the universe exists based on the law of quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics has to beginning and no end. How do we fit God into this paradigm?