Is the Bible to be taken literally? Is it merely symbolic stories, maybe even myths? Mary Healy, professor of biblical theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit explains how to read the Bible, God's word.
- 19:27 - Which parts of the theory of evolution go against Catholic teaching?
- 22:35 - I read the bible literally, which Vatican II said is okay to do. How do we tolerate our pastors who do not read it literally?
- 30:58 - Do you believe there was a real Adam and Eve or is it just meant to be a teaching story?
- 35:37 - How do I interpret the passages where John the Baptist was baptizing before Jesus was around?
- 43:53 - How much has the Bible changed over the centuries?
- 47:30 - I listened to Mother Angelica on EWTN denouncing this type of thinking of the scripture.
- 51:42 - What is your opinion of William Barclay's Bible commentary?