We focus on pastoral concerns but welcome any question callers would like to ask a Catholic priest as we are joined by the Catholic Answers chaplain, Norbertine Father Hugh Barbour.
- 07:12 - Are parts of the theory of evolution acceptable to teach to our children?
- 16:29 - In counseling someone in a 12-step capacity, the 5th step is similar to confession, but not sacramental obviously. What’s the parallel between admitting our wrongs to others and the sacrament of confession? How can we know that God’s grace is really effective in this process for the addict?
- 22:29 - Where do we get the practice of saying specific mysteries of the Rosary during specific seasons of the liturgical year? Is this meant to be followed strictly?
- 24:35 - Are we to just pray to Mary and ask for her intercession, or should we have a relationship with her and hear her speak to us?
- 34:15 - I went to confession recently after being away from the Church for a while. I still feel despair even though I’ve been forgiven. What advice do you have for me?
- 41:25 - When we pray, how do we balance knowing that God has his will for what happens in our lives?
- 44:10 - Fasting tends to give the impression that the body is bad and the spirit is good. Can you help me understand why this isn't true?
- 45:46 - There was an ad with an image of Buddha on the back of our parish bulletin. Is this okay? Do I have a responsibility to say something?
- 48:40 - If someone were mute due to a stroke, how would this individual be able to receive the sacrament of reconciliation?
- 52:03 - I am confused because it seems that Judas was condemned once he betrayed Jesus; however, aren’t we all able to be forgiven regardless of our sins?