The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 14:41 - My nieces were born very premature and my sister baptized them before they were transferred to another hospital for further care. At a later date they were baptized again in the church. Are they validly baptized?
- 23:46 - Is a vasectomy objectively wrong, or does the reasoning behind the procedure have an effect on whether or not it is a mortal sin?
- 28:53 - After transubstantiation, is the chalice just the blood or both the body and the blood of Christ?
- 30:50 - I’m of the Maronite tradition and would like to know where the prohibition of priests marrying comes from in the Roman tradition.
- 36:24 - In Matthew we read that we are not to repeat prayers. In my daily prayers, is it okay to have the same petitions over and over?
- 44:38 - The Catechism talks about Muslims, and those of other faiths, being able to be saved if they are following the true God of the Old Testament. Can you further explain this Church teaching to me?
- 47:46 - How do you deal with lust? I struggle with this at my college campus and it is a difficult conversation to have with my friends. I was hoping someone of the faith could give me some advice.
- 51:44 - Would the Blessed Mother have received the Eucharist in the days of the early Church? Are there any writings that address this?