The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 16:30 - What does Catholicism offer that other religions do not? I don’t belong or agree with any particular faith and wonder why I should belong to the Catholic Church.
- 19:13 - How can our personal sacrifices add to the perfect of sacrifice of Jesus on the cross?
- 23:05 - I recently completed a consecration to Mary, and have since begun having spiritual difficulties. The former evangelical in me says I’ve gone too far in my Marian devotion. Can give me some advice and support?
- 30:24 - Why is Mary often referred to as the co-Redemptrix, even though the Church has never formally recognized this title for her?
- 32:41 - Since Mary was born without sin, did she experience labor pains?
- 34:54 - Can Catholic singles adopt a child?
- 37:10 - My three daughters would like to know why men are the ones that make all the rules in the Church?
- 43:55 - I am not yet Catholic. With my work schedule and supporting my family I cannot take time off for classes. Are there any alternative RCIA programs for people who cannot take time off to attend classes?
- 45:30 - How can I talk to fallen away Catholics who say they didn’t learn anything in the Church and the Church doesn’t stand for anything?
- 48:40 - After a period of doubt, what can I do to earn back God’s grace?
- 49:51 - My young adult sons have talked about their friends having vasectomies. How can I talk to them about this and tell them not to make such a big decision so young, especially since it is against Church teaching?
- 51:48 - I have a very close friend who has helped me a lot in my life. She is in a relationship but not happy in it. Is it okay for me to talk to her about my feelings for her?
- 53:02 - I baptized my husband but was told it was not a valid baptism by a priest, yet another priest said it was. Can you clarify for me?