Living the Beatitudes in Everyday Life
Fr. Jeffrey Kirby, author of Kingdom of Happiness, discusses the Beatitudes and how to live them in your everyday life.
- 15:51 - What does it mean to be Poor in Spirit? Does it mean the people who are weak, yet still believe?
- 22:57 - Some of the Beatitudes seem vague. Is there anything in the Catechism or from Church Fathers that go into more depth on the Beatitudes? Are there any concrete examples?
- 31:56 - Can you talk about 1 Corinthians and Matthew 5:8 and how this pertains to staying pure?
- 37:55 - What do you mean by Beatitudes?
- 46:02 - Taking all thoughts captive to Christ, is that answered by systematically applying the Beatitudes?
- 49:00 - If we seek out to do the right or righteous thing will we tend to do the right thing?
- 51:14 - Are there other sections of the Bible that reflect on the Beatitudes? Are there any prayers that help to commit the Beatitudes to memory and help with reflection?