We focus on pastoral concerns but welcome any question callers would like to ask a Catholic priest as we are joined by the Catholic Answers chaplain, Norbertine Father Hugh Barbour.
- 15:48 - When we engage in contemplative prayer, how do we distinguish the difference between God’s and our own voice?
- 20:26 - My godchild had a baby and I was going to sew a rosary around the neck of the baby’s baptismal gown. Is this okay?
- 23:15 - I’ve found it helpful to focus on breathing during contemplative prayer, then focus on scripture. Is this a proper way to focus to get into meditative prayer as a means to clear one’s head?
- 32:51 - I have learned the Lord’s Prayer and the Hail Mary in four different languages as a means to help me focus. Am I entertaining more of a linguistic aspect than a prayerful attitude?
- 36:57 - My 28 year old son committed suicide 8 years ago. I get confused by prayer. I prayed that his life would make a difference in the world. He had Graves’ disease. How can I find the goodness of God in such a terrible event?
- 46:43 - I just lost my mom five days ago. I’ve heard of the Sabbatine promise. Is this true? Do our loved ones try to let us know they are okay after they die?
- 51:20 - Has there been any change regarding the standing or kneeling during the great Amen?
- 52:14 - How I convince my son to baptize his children? My son was baptized Catholic but does not practice the Faith.