The Bible Blueprint for the Church
Wait, the Bible isn't just about my personal relationship with God? It's about God calling a people to himself and establishing a visible Church for the whole world? Karlo Broussard explains why the answer is yes.
Questions and Topics Covered:
- 15:32 - Recently, there was a priest who stood up and declared himself gay. Where’s the Church discipline? I’m a recent convert and I sometimes don’t see the difference between authority in the Catholic Church and with Protestantism.
- 23:08 - When Jesus said “when two or three are gathered in my name.” What does Jesus’ “name” mean in this context?
- 28:25 - I have an observation about Church discipline in the Protestant world: My evangelical church is very much into Matthew 18, and I don’t recognize the picture you are painting.
- 37:25 - In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said if you hear my words and do them, you build your house on the rock. I don’t think that means you have to necessarily be Catholic.
- 46:10 - With your understanding of the biblical blueprints of the Church, why do some people still think the Catholic Church is heretical?
- 52:00 - Sometimes the pope is infallible, sometimes not--where do we get that in the Bible?