The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 06:40 - How do we reconcile the violence in the Old Testament with the message of Jesus?
- 14:55 - I have been taught about the Q source in theology class, but I don't buy it. Can you give some tips on how to argue against it?
- 21:30 - I am doing a novena which involves burying a statue of St. Joseph upside down. Is this okay to do?
- 31:55 - I’ve been listening to Catholic radio for a couple years and I am being drawn toward the Catholic faith. I’m wondering if you can tell me something to get me off the fence. One thing in particular that I wonder about is how to reconcile Catholic prayer with the Jesus’ warning against repetitious prayer.
- 43:50 - Some non-Catholic neighbors have expressed interest in going to Mass with me. What should I tell them? Do I tell them not to receive Communion?
- 47:35 - Do we have to fast before Communion? It seems that the Apostles didn’t fast before Communion at the Last Supper since it was right after a meal.
- 53:10 - If you’re running out of holy water can you add water and not “dilute” the blessing? Would the same apply to blessed salt and incense?