The Twelve Steps and the Sacraments
Scott Weeman, founder of Catholic In Recovery discusses his new book, The Twelve Steps and the Sacraments: A Catholic Journey through Recovery, and answers caller questions about overcoming addiction.
Questions and Topics Covered:
- 15:25 - I am a recovering porn-addict going through the twelve step process. How applicable is your book for people in sex-addict programs.
- 21:54 - I’m an adult child of an alcoholic and I think it really affected me. The 12 step program for adult child of alcoholics really helped me. Could you comment on that?
- 35:32 - With most addictions, they require abstinence to get over them. What about overeating?
- 43:20 - I am the director for the Lung Association and I relapsed into my smoking addiction, and I founded nicotine anonymous. I am calling to affirm the work that Scott is doing.
- 47:44 - If you are a recovering alcoholic, is it really so bad to have one beer before you go to sleep, if it is in moderation?