The callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- 05:47 - Since the western rite of the Church celebrates Mass in different rites, such as the Ambrosian rite, would it be possible for the Vatican to bring back some of the more ancient rites, such as the Celtic rite?
- 13:04 - Is there any relation between the sin of the high hand and confession to priest, both referenced in the book of Numbers, and how does this relate to the Church’s view of mortal sin and confession?
- 18:33 - In Matthew 26, Jesus said, “this is my Body”. Why can’t we receive healing from the Eucharist if it truly is His body? Jesus performed healing works while on Earth.
- 21:43 - My coworker said he believes Luther and Jonathan Edwards to be some of the greatest theologians, on par with Thomas Aquinas. I was stumped and not sure how to respond to my coworker. What would you say?
- 28:40 - Are there any records of contemporary history that support His historical existence apart from the one given by Josephus?
- 36:18 - Adam and Eve were vegetarian and God allowed for meat to be eaten after the flood. What does this mean for Christians today in terms of consumption of meat?
- 46:02 - What do Catholics believe about the atonement and how would you respond to the Orthodox counter belief?
- 51:40 - Is it not true that for a sacrament to be valid, it must have matter, intent, and form? If someone was selling sacraments, such as holy orders, for personal gain, would these be invalid orders that would invalidate the ordination of bishops, cardinals, etc. during the time of the Pornocracy?