We focus on pastoral concerns but welcome any question callers would like to ask a Catholic priest as we are joined by the Catholic Answers chaplain, Norbertine Father Hugh Barbour.
- 03:42 - How do you pray for someone that has died?
- 06:09 - Why are the prayers in the Church changing?
- 17:38 - Why is there no instruction on how adults are to go to reconciliation? We receive this as children, but it is a very different experience when you are an adult.
- 20:34 - My adult son, who is autistic, does not understand why homosexual behavior is a sin. How can I explain this to him and why it is wrong?
- 27:37 - When we pray for those in purgatory, how long do we continue to do this before knowing the loved one is in Heaven?
- 31:02 - My friend’s wife left him and does not let him see their children. He is being advised to seek a civil divorce. Is he allowed to do this, since he is Catholic, even if it would lead to him gaining custody?
- 32:46 - My 15 year old daughter asked, “If God is so powerful why hasn’t he killed the devil?” What is the correct answer?
- 41:32 - It is hard for me to follow the Mass sometimes when they introduce Latin. Is it written down somewhere when the priest choses to do this? Is it Seasonal?
- 45:28 - A baptized Catholic was married at an Eastern Evangelical Lutheran church. Was this a valid marriage? His only “catholic” experience was his baptism, nothing more.
- 47:44 - When I pray to God at the end of the day I talk to him like a conversation. Is there a correct way to pray to God or is this okay?