Staff Apologist Trent Horn asks listeners, “Why Aren’t You Catholic?” Their answers spark some unexpected conversations.
Questions and Topics Covered:
- 01:33 - Please explain why Martin Luther was wrong. My Brother is a lost Catholic and is now an elder in Lutheran Church.
- 06:09 - What is meant by adoption? If someone has been adopted by God, how could they be un-adopted?
- 14:10 - I married a Catholic and I am studying to be Catholic. However, he was married before so we are trying to get an annulment. If the Church doesn’t recognize our union, would it be hard for me to become Catholic?
- 23:25 - I have nothing providing me with a belief I can be passionate and honest about. For many religious people, it’s just been part of their life since birth, so it becomes a personal culture in a way.
- 31:51 - Why would I put myself under the Catholic Church after it has done so many abuses?
- 44:10 - I am in RCIA, but I was recently given a commentary on Mark 14 about the Eucharist being a representation. How do we know it is not just a representation?
- 49:08 - I have a problem with the Sunday obligation to attend Mass.
- 52:30 - I have come to accept most of the teachings of the Church but I don’t understand some of the customs. Should I accept the teachings and hope to understand the customs?
Join the radio club today and for a limited time receive "What the Reformation Was All About" by Jimmy Akin. Just go to Catholic.com/radioclub